TrimSync is a data archiving system which allows data to be read from a multitude of computers and stored on a centralised storage area. A unique feature of TrimSync is the ability to prune old data from the originating computer once a given number of days has passed since it was last modified.
- Support for CIFS (Windows/Linux/UNIX), NFS (Linux/UNIX) and RSync (Linux/Unix) for data transfer
- Optional automated pruning of old data from source directories (for example to clear old data files which have not been accessed for longer than 6 months).
- Support for multiple worker nodes being managed from a central interface. This allows transfers to take place locally at different offices or datacentres, yet be managed centrally.
- Tracking and reporting of data growth.
- Email notification of failed and successful jobs.